Wednesday, December 08, 2004

People's psychological behavior ..?


I'm keeping a Gripmaster (I guess it is a product name but I don't know how to call it... It's a tool to strengthen your fingers ;-?) on my desk at work. I borrowed it from Nao and I've been keeping it for a long time. Trying to use it now and then to strengthen my fingers to become a great guitarist ;P

I just noticed recently that people come to my desk and talk to me grab this gripmaster and use it while they are talking to me. They don't really realize what they are doing and after finishing the conversation, they just put it back where it was and leave. I was also not noticing it, but the other day, I saw this gripmaster in somebody's hand and since then I started seeing people doing this.
It's similar to people doodle while they are on the phone. People may feel comfortable when they use hands while they are talking... :-?

But a funny thing is only guys do that so far. Well, maybe less women come to my desk, so it's a bit hard to analyze it, but I thought it was kind of interesting.
Something like a gripmaster is more grabable by men?
Hmm... I'll investigate people's behavior more... :-}

I shouldn't forget to clean the gripmaster before I return it to Nao... It is going to be a full of germs.. ;P (gomen!)

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its interesting that many sexist women tend to be prejudiced against gripmasters (they are afraid they will scare men away with their strong handshakes?), but if they are opening lots of jars in their kitchens, they should be more openminded. Maybe if you get a pink gripmaster? ;-P
P.S. I have some dumb-bells that I haven't been using much recently.... maybe you'd like to keep them by your desk? If you use them just a bit each day, then after a few months you'll be able to pick up your SR and fit it into small parking slots....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home