Friday, November 26, 2004

Writing a blog ..

It's been about a month now since I started writing this blog. Wow! I didn't think I could continue to write this much.. :P I sometimes write my diary -- can I still call it diary even if I don't write everyday :-? -- and I've been using the same notebook for more than 3 years now. I only write when I'm really depressed or have full of energy or encounter something interesting -- people, words, anything..
I'm still not sure why I'm writing online now.
I'm not giving out this url to so many people. (very small numbers of people who I feel that I don't really mind letting know what I'm thinking about.)
But at the same time, I don't really mind if some other people just come, read and comment. (Is it contradicting? ;) I just don't feel like telling everybody that "I'm writing my thoughts! come and read them!!" because I would like to write personal thinking as much as possible and if I know there are some audience, I will probably change the style of writing. I'll limit what I write.. It doesn't mean I want to write something bad about certain people, but you know... It's different when you are singing in a shower by yourself or singing in front of people :) But as a nature of the web, I can't be naked I guess..


I was thinking if I continue to write, I'll find my style of writing or topics that I want to focus and maybe form a more structured blog, but I guess I need more time to figure that out.

I also wonder if it's better to write the same content in English, Japanese and Chinese. Some of my friends do that. But I can't really do that with my personality :P (too lazy...) If I write something in one language and try to write the same thing in other languages, I feel like I can't really express what I want to write. It becomes more like a homework which I "have to" do rather than I "want to" do.
I pick a language to use depend on my feeling at that time and just write. Of course, my Chinese is still pretty bad and I can't really write complicated things, so I write in Chinese much less than in Japanese or English. My English is not that good either and makes tons of mistakes, but still.. It's more comfortable to write in it.

Writing a blog... so far so good :D it's good because I need to output something from myself. Otherwise I'll explode. But if I want to be an artist, I should keep holding things inside myself and let them out in some sort of art form. A blog can be an art ?

3 Comments:

At 1:44 AM, Blogger yuki said...

I'll never get too many readers like you :P
But, yeah, interesting. I should combine other design stuff and keep myself motivated.
Now, at least, writing a blog gives me a bit of creative energy. It doesn't give me a sleep though :-}

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Dean Hughson said...

Your english is excellent. Blogging in the 2000's will be to the internet what the first discussion groups were in the 80's. It is an art form that is being perfected. Keep at it. Doing it in 3 languages is interesting and probably will bring you many conversations with new people you don't know.

By the way, Kewpie (QP) Mayonnaise is the best. We buy it in the US and I have visited many of their factories over the years for work. Their quality is the best in the world. Japanese people are the highest per capita consumer of mayonnaise in the world.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger yuki said...

Hi Dean,
Thanks!

Yeah, Japan is a mayo heaven country :)
Some people just love putting mayonnaise on anything! haha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home