Thursday, December 02, 2004

a movie day

The price of a movie ticket is 1,000 yen on the first day of every month.
It's not because of that, but my friend and I went to see a movie tonight.
"SHATTERED GLASS".

It was a good movie. It's not an entertaining movie, but it's based on a true story and I think it was well done. I don't know the details of the real story, but made me want to find out more about him (Stephen Glass). I don't really understand why he had to lie and make up stories. He seems smart enough to be successful without doing all that. But I guess he was very very ambitious that he didn't want to be just a "good" writer, but wanted to be a "super great" writer all the time. And he likes to please people and once he realized that he could please readers by writing a great story even though it was fabricated, he got addicted.. Many people probably want to be that way (being very special and admired by people). I want to be a special person as well, but I wouldn't want to be special if I have to lie. It would be very stressful.
In the movie, he tries to cover up what he lied about and you get tense by just watching it. It's so obvious that he is lying but he never gives up. (it was making me nervous during the movie ;)
Why did he have to do that?

My friend says there are millions of people who are like him in real life. If those people are in a industry like journalism, they get caught like him. Many people like to brag about things and make up stories and make them look good and entertain people around them. Hmm... maybe it's true...
Well, to a certain extent, everybody does that. You sometimes want to impress people by saying things a bit exaggerated -- especially when you want to impress people you like ;P

I guess some people go too far at that end...
But where is the border line..?

-----------------------------------
My friend cooked for me tonight :)
Meat! beans! potatoes!... real American food..?

1 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wa! That food looks very delicious! But what's that pink stuff on the potatoes? It looks like mentaiko!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home