Saturday, January 29, 2005

Walking around in Tokyo

I had dinner with Stephan last night. We usually go to a Thai restaurant whenever we meet. We both love hot spicy food :)

We usually end up going to Ebisu or Omotesando area, but this time Stephan took me to a Thai & Vietnamese restaurant in ShinOkubo. Wow...I haven’t been to that area for a a long time and it was so fun.
ShinOkubo is a funny place. You almost feel like you are in a different country. You hear Chinese, Korean or some other languages (that I don’t even know) while you are walking around the streets. Very cool!

The restaurant we went to is “SomOO”.
Stephan says when he was there last time, the Beer Chang beer was 400yen, but it was 520yen this time.. (Stephi was a bit disappointed.. :P) But the food was great and I was quite happy.

somO yummy :)


After that, he was going to take me to an another Thai restaurant in the same area (not for more food but for a desert ;), but it was full and mama-san wasn’t there, so we decided to walk around towards Shinjuku. Here are some pics that I took.

A Thai Restaurant Outside Game Center? Cooking outside..
The restaurant we couldn't get in. / There was an outside? game center. It seems like a part of a parking lot, but whatever they do, it's a nice idea :) / These guys were cooking food outside.

Policemen
There were a bunch of policemen (7-8 people) walking around checking if there were any crimes.. It seemed overcrowded.. too many policemen :P


pig Clean Shinjuku
a piggy in front of a ramen shop / “Clean Shinjuku”. It’s a very suggestive sign, isn’t it ;P

ShinOkubo – Shinjuku area at night is kind of interesting. So many interesting looking people, so many shops & restaurants... I should go out more :) Tokyo is such an interesting place.
As talking with Stephan who recently bought an new camera (Canon EOS 20D), I now really want that camera!! I would like to take some tokyo night pictures with it ;)

After we walked around, we stopped by a small shot bar in Shinjuku and had some drinks. And by the time we got to Meguro, we figured Stephan missed the last train, so we had another drink in Meguro.
Meguro also has many little restaurants (majority of them are ramen shops ;P) and there are some interesting looking places. I live in Meguro, but I don’t usually eat out or have drinks near my house (it seems more convenient to go home and have whatever I want.) . But with friends, I get to explore my neighborhood :)
Well, there are a couple of places we marked up, so we are going to try them next time.

Hmm... interesting places, good food, great friends... I’m so happy :)

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

哇!你真是个花花公子! 警察有没有察看你是否中国没签证者? 好在你没有用你的太流利太完美的中国话发音在那边! 就会被抓注送到监狱因为他们应该以为你是中国人用假的日本人分身证要欺骗他们!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home