Thursday, October 28, 2004

connected :: not connected

I was planning to get a cat. A black female cat. I already had a name for her.. "kiki".

Well, my Chinese teacher's student's mother's friend's cat (phew..) gave a birth and my teacher told me that I should contact her student if I want to get a cat. So I did and told her that I'm interested in getting either a black cat or a silver tabby cat if there are any. She told me that it seems like there are 2 black cats.
I thought, oh! it must be my fate to get a cat finally!

But then, yesterday, it turned out that those 2 black cats are already taken :(
I guess I wasn't connected to those cats.

It's kind of interesting that you get connected to certain people (or cats ;), places, things, whatever) and sometimes not.
It doesn't really matter how long you spend your time with or how impressed you were at the first time you meet, etc. You get connected or not connected.

"Connected" I mean .. they become a part of your life for a long time... as a friend or a partner, a pet, etc... There are few good friends that I have this kind of connection. We don't meet so often or sometimes have a long period of time that we don't talk to each other, but the connection never disappear and comes back. And we start talking without feeling any gaps.

There are some other kinds of friends.
We get along very well and it seems like we are connected, but after some changes in environment (changing jobs, different places to live, getting married, etc.), the connection disappears.
You never know when it happens.

Well, someday I will find my cats who are connected to me... as well as my soul mate ;-? Where are they ..??

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

真倒霉啦! 我真要听你受到猫的话!
真失望! 啊! !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home