Sunday, October 24, 2004

Earthquake ... scary?

I usually don't get scared when there is an earthquake and this time also I wasn't scared. Well, mostly because I was at my friend's friend's House Warming party and there were a bunch of people there and also, even though it was a bit bigger earthquake than usual, it wasn't so bad in Tokyo.
I couldn't get much information yesterday except that it was magnitude 6.8 in Niigata, but today I read some news and yeah it was scary.
I hope there won't be another big one in Niigata and people there can go back to normal life soon. (but I guess once you experience something like that, you never go back to where you were before.)

Although, I guess we won't be able to completely away from earthquakes if we are living in Japan. A big one may hit Tokyo someday.
Am I prepared for that..? Hmm... not really. Food wise... I have some stock of mineral water. (that's it!) Mentally... I always assume it won't be a big one when an earthquake starts. And so far, my assumption has been right. But yeah, someday my assumption will be wrong and I can imagine myself panicking or saying "oh no.. I'm dying..." and giving up.

While reading a newspaper about the earthquake, one article about an terrorist attack in Iraq caught my attention. It's not because the article itself was something special. We read about this almost everyday now. A point which caught me was the fact that I feel disconnected from the article. I feel bad about it. I imagine what it's like being there and experiencing this everyday. But that's one moment of my thought and I'm not thinking about it most of the time. The same thing that I can say about is the earthquake yesterday. I probably won't think about it after the next few hours. I don't know if it's because I'm a self-centered person... and it would probably much different if somebody who are close to me (my family or friends) were involved in those incidents.

Well, I don't know what kind of point I want to make here, but I just felt a bit sad ... and a bit scary how emotionless I can be when things are not related to myself or my loved ones. Maybe it's normal. But it is kind of scary. Scarier than earthquake ;-?

3 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

嘿!你没有说你那些 Mineral Water 从那里来的!
你为什么有那么多呢? 是因为你在准备地震后喝很多吗?

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger yuki said...

我自己買的! :P no... 我的很好的朋友給我的;)
可是, 我沒有我恨喜歡的水。我已經喝了全部的那種水!

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

已经喝光了吗? 啊呀! 你真会喝水啦!
我等一下就马上运送新鲜的一批最喜欢的那种水!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home